Connor Sport Court is proud to be the only ZeroWaste company in the sports flooring industry. Recycling, avoiding waste, innovative technology and a strong environmental consciousness are a major part of our corporate policy. As a ZeroWaste company, less than 1% of all our waste is sent to a landfill. We continue to explore options that will result in an even furthur reduction of waste reaching a landfill as a result of our business operations. Our commitment to the environment has resulted in industry leading products using recycled material. Connor Sport Court has a long history of environmentally conscious practices and in 2004 we were presented an award by Salt Lake City for our commitment to the environment.
WHAT IS LEED?
The Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Green Building Rating System™ encourages and accelerates global adoption of sustainable green building and development practices through the creation and implementation of universally understood and accepted tools and performance criteria.
CONNOR IS FIRST TO LEED
First MFMA member to introduce environmentally conscious maple flooring that is FSC® (Forest Stewardship Council™) certified by the Rainforest Alliance.
First MFMA member to incorporate recycled re-bonded polyurethane foam cushioning into the construction of resilient hardwood sports floors.
CONNOR IS FIRST TO LEAD
First MFMA company and first Michigan company to be Zero Waste.
First MFMA member to offer continuing education credits for Architects and Designers.
First MFMA member to develop a standard STEM (Structural Testing & Engineering Measures) specifically to rate: dimensional stability, resilient fatigue, and static load capabilities.
First MFMA member to design a hardwood sports floor system to meet or exceed all the requirements of the most stringent International Athletic Floor Standard-DIN 18032, part 2, 2001.
First MFMA member to be the Official Floor Supplier of the NCAA Men’s and Women’s Regional and FINAL FOUR Championship Tournaments.
First MFMA member to become ISO 9001:2008 Certified for quality management, design, and manufacturing of hardwood sports floor.
The Sport Court plant in Salt Lake City, UT, has also found ways to “run green.” As an example of just a few of their initiatives:
- All of the engineering-grade, virgin polypropylene used to manufacture their molded products, as well as most of the steel used in the construction of court components, are 100% recyclable. In fact, on several products such as Sport Court Dance, the entire formulation is made of recycled material.
- In 2004, Sport Court built a state-of-the-art demonstration Game Court, and replaced the landscaping with artificial turf, natural grasses and other plants suitable for the desert xeriscape. In fact, Salt Lake City presented Sport Court with an award for our conservation efforts.
- Water in the machine cooling systems runs in a closed loop, requiring only minimal additions from time to time and saving vast amounts of water that otherwise would be wasted.
- Sport Court is currently engaged in promising research to increase our use of recycled materials for high volume applications in our global markets.
- Sport Court recycles all scrap metal, plastic and cardboard, as well as all used petroleum products used in machine maintenance and lubrication. Recycling stations are positioned in convenient locations throughout the plant.
- Sport Court installed motion sensor lights throughout their 80,000 SF warehouse to cut power consumption.
- Cleaning rags used in the machine shop are washable and reusable.
- Toilet fixtures in the restrooms are equipped with low-flow valves to further conserve water, which in our desert state of Utah is an increasingly precious resource.
With the burgeoning focus on environmental initiatives and conscientious stewardship of natural resources, “building green” is becoming more than just a catch-phrase—it’s a new way of looking at our business and our lives. Sport Court is proud of its industry leading environmental efforts, and looks forward to new methods and products that allow it to contribute even more to our sustainable future.